Total making time: 25 minutes making time (2 hours freezing time)
Serves: 16 slices (makes 2.3 L or 2 1/2 QT)
SUGGESTION: To make a smaller cheesecake just half the recipe!
1.5 cup of almond meal (1 cup of almonds blended into a fine meal consistency)
1.5 cup of cacao powder
6 tablespoons of maple syrup or raw honey
OR instead of making the base you could Purchase 7 bars (1.5 oz) of Noah's Rock'n Raw Chocolates. The photograph below shows the Almond Vanilla Bars.
For cheesecake filling...
3/4 cup of lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
3 cups of cashews soaked in water for 4 hours
3/4 cup of maple syrup, raw honey or raw agave
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
For blueberry sauce...
3/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Make the base. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix. It should be dry but moist enough to pat into a pie dish and form a crust. Hand mold it in a large pie dish the size of 2.3L. If you are using Noah's Rock'n Raw Chocolates as the base, use 3 for the bottom of the dish and 4 for the sides.
2. Make the cheesecake filling. Add all ingredients to a powerful blender like the VITAMIX until it is very smooth and light. Then pour it into the crust.
3. Make the blueberry sauce. Add all ingredients to a blender and mix well. Pour it over the cheesecake. Use a chopstick and swirl it through the cheesecake. Make whatever pattern you like.
4. Freeze for 2 hours. Cut into slices! Keep in fridge or freezer!
+ DAIRY FREE
+ REFINED SUGAR FREE
+ SOY FREE
+ GLUTEN FREE
+ Majority Raw - Living Nutrients
+ High in Magnesium
+ High in Protein
+ Great replacement for processed cheesecake!
Total making time: 10 minutes
3 cups of almond milk (or hemp milk, rice milk)
- alternatively you could use water it would just not be as creamy
1 cup of ice
1/2 cup walnuts (extra for on top)
2 tablespoons of cacao powder (or more if you like it darker chocolate)
3 tablespoons of cacao nibs (extra for on top)
3 tablespoons of raw honey or maple syrup (or more if you like it sweeter!)
1. In a high speed blender like a VITAMIX mix all ingredients until a smooth consistency is reached.
2. Pour into glasses and garnish with whole walnuts and cacao nibs!
+ High in Protein
+ Raw (If use Honey)
+ Nutrient Dense
+ Vegan (If use Maple Syrup)
+ Dairy Free
+ Soy Free
+ Walnuts - Good for hair growth,
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray in Costa Rica 2013.
Photo by Rock'n Raw Photos.
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Every ingredient used is naturally provided by earth.