"This gluten free dish is great for after a work out, like a nice long walk in nature! Great to fulfill a craving for something warming, yet light and refreshing! This is a classic hybrid meal, with the brown rice pasta being cooked, and then raw green ingredients added for a raw element. Grounding and stimulating meal! Will nourish our muscles and leave us feeling satisfied but not too heavy. Enjoy" Liana
Total time: 25 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
1 pack of brown rice pasta 16oz /484g (Or quinoa pasta)
1 head lettuce
3/4 cup fresh cilantro
3/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Drizzle olive oil
Add cayenne pepper for some heat
1. Bring a pot of water to boil and add the brown rice pasta. Cook on medium for 17 minutes or until pasta is cooked to your likely.
2. While the pasta is cooking, dice the lettuce, then chop the avocado and cucumber into cubes.
3. When the pasta is cooked, drain from the water. Add cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to the pot and stir well so the spices flavor the pasta. Taste and add more spice to your liking.
4. Stir in the lettuce, avocado, cucumber, and cilantro.
5. And serve into bowls! Then drizzle each one with some olive oil and a squeeze of lemon!
1. Brown rice pasta is pasta that is made with one ingredient; brown rice. Therefore it is gluten free. You can find it at your health food store!
2. Quinoa pasta is pasta made with quinoa.
3. You can also use brown rice instead of pasta.
- Gluten Free
- Can fulfill pasta craving while also getting your salad!
- High in vitamins and nutrients
- Immune boosting
- Brain food
- Workout food - pre and post
- Can aid weight loss
- Warming and calming affect
- Can reduce stress
- Can treat depression and anxiety
Recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's iPhone no filter
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author