Total time: 20 minutes
Serves: makes 8 large or 16 small cookies
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoon of coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
2 flax egg alternative (or you can use actual eggs, but it won't be vegan) 1 cup macadamia nuts
3/4 cup vegan butter alternative: 1/3 cup olive oil, 1/3 coconut oil, 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt
*Save some macadamia nuts for the top of the cookies at the end
Tips: You could use any type of nut you like.
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Sift together the flours, salt and baking soda and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl or Vitamix, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla and flax egg.
4. Add the flour to the wet mixture.
5. Stir in macadamia nuts
6. Put on non stick paper and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Add a nut on top of each cookie before placing in oven
+ Dairy Free
+ High in fiber
+ Aids weight loss
+ Immune Boosting
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray in 2014.
Photo taken by Liana.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author