Total time: 10 minutes if you use organic BPA free canned chickpeas - or for dry chickpeas soaked overnight and then cooked for 45 minutes.
Serves: 4 - 6
2 cups chickpeas (soaked overnight)
2 teaspoons of dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lemon, juice
2 tablespoons tahini (or 2 tablespoons sesame seeds)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup water
1. Add the chickpeas to a pot of water and boil for 45 minutes, or until chickpeas are soft.
2. Then add all the ingredients; chickpeas, avocado, dill, salt, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic and water, to a powerful blender, like the VITAMIX, and blend until smooth. Add more water if you want it softer.
3. Serve with vegetables like cucumber sticks, carrots, celery, snap peas, green beans and tomatoes. Or on Bread or Flat Bread.
1. You can use canned chickpeas, just buy organic BPA free, and skip the soaking overnight step and the boiling for 45 minutes. Just go ahead and add all ingredients to a blender.
- High in protein
- Nutrient rich
- Majority raw ingredients
- Gluten Free- Plant based - vegan
- Brain food
- Workout food - pre and post
- Warming and calming affect
- Can reduce stress
- Can treat depression and anxiety
Recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's iPhone no filter
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author