"I have heard so much about chlorophyll being able to be a natural blood transfusion, so I did some research. Firstly what is chlorophyll? Chlorophyll (also chlorophyl) is a green pigment found incyanobacteria and the chloroplasts of algae and plants. People remember; green plants = chlorophyll. Chlorophyll offers a lot of benefits: It cleanses our blood and helps detoxify the liver, colon and entire digestive tract. It also accelerates weight loss, and can help to treat cancer, diabetes, bone disease, acne, psoriasis, eczema, and heart disease.
Total time: 10 minutes
1 whole coconut (or 2 cups coconut water)
1/2 head of kale
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup parsley
1 tablespoon wheat grass
1/2 cup raw broccoli
1. If you have a whole coconut, bust a hole and pour the coconut water into a blender like the VITAMIX.
2. Add the rest of the green ingredients. Blend for 2-3 minutes until you have a smoothie! Drink and enjoy the blood transfusion and other benefits!
+ Natural Blood Transfusion
+ Cleanses the blood
+ Cleanses the digestive system
+ Detoxifies Liver
+ Detoxifies Digestive Track
+ Helps to treat cancer, diabetes, heart disease and liver disease
+ Accelerates weight loss
Read Liana's blog about chlorophyll and how it is a natural blood transfusion.
Recipe credit:Liana Werner-Gray
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2-4 people
1 head kale
1/4 cup amino acids (Braggs non-GMO soy sauce), or use 1/2 teaspoon salt in 1/4 water.
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1. De-stem kale and tear into bite size prices.
2. Add aminos and sesame seeds and massage with your hands until well combined! That's it! Now serve and enjoy!
Add avocado and purple onion to the salad!
1. This salad is so simple and can be a base for you to add other ingredients if you like. Some people don't like kale because its bitter so adding a salty dressing like aminos, or even just salt in water, along with sesame seeds gives a great flavor!
2. Extremely nutrient dense
3. Brain food
4. Good for treating depression, anxiety, stress and fatigue
5. Accelerates weight loss
6. Sesame seeds: Skin healthy, great for weight loss, high protein, oral health, helps prevent diabetes, heart healthy, bone health, healthy blood pressure, Rheumatoid Arthritis relief, aids digestion
7. Kale: weight loss aid, high in antioxidants, skin healthy, anti-inflammatory, helps activate detoxifying enzymes in liver, immune boosting, high protein, boosts metabolism
Recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's iPhone #NoFilter
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author