Total time: 20 minutes
2 cups cherries
1 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer and stir constantly so the chia seeds do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. When the mixture has thickened and the fruit is entirely broken down (10-15 minutes), allow to cool, and then place in a glass jar and completely cool before placing in fridge. The jam is now ready to eat, but refrigerate overnight and then jam will set more.
1. Serve on Bread Rolls or garnish with desserts like the Cherry Cheesecake!
- Nourishes the digestive system
- Can treat IBS, bloating and other gut issues
- Replacement for processed jam with refined sugar
- Nutrient rich
- High in antioxidants
- High in Vitamin C
- Immune Boosting
- Gluten Free
- Plant based - vegan
- Brain food
Recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's iPhone no filter
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author