"This cookie dough cake is gluten free, delicious and not only a dessert but a high protein snack too! People are often surprised how much this tastes like the cookie dough purchased from the store (made with sugar and dairy and flour!). This is great for a cookie dough craving! It is raw, no cooking needed and is high in antioxidants and extremely nutrient rich! " Love Liana
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes 1 cake - 16 small slices
2 cups almond meal (also known as almond flour)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt. Once the mixture is well blended, stir in cacao nibs.
2. Taste. If more moisture is needed, add water; add more maple syrup if you would like the dough to be sweeter. The dough should be moist enough to hold together.
3. Form the dough into a cake shape. Sprinkle cacao powder on top. It is ready to eat now, and if you set it in the fridge for 1 hour it will set and slice easier.
1. Use vanilla beans if possible. If not use vanilla extract without added sugar—check the ingredients on the back! If using vanilla beans, scrape the beans from one pod and use them in this recipe.
2. Substitute raw honey for the maple syrup if you prefer.
3. Substitute coconut sugar for the maple syrup if you prefer. Use 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
4. You can make this recipe without the cacao nibs, however the nibs are what make it “chocolate chip.”
1. Add 3 tablespoons peanut butter to make Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.
2. On a plate, roll the balls in 11/2 tablespoons cacao powder for Chocolate-Covered Cookie Dough Balls.
+ High in protein
+ Gluten free
+ High in antioxidants
+ Brain food
+ High in magnesium which relaxes the muscles
+ Can be used as a anti-depressant
+ Increases energy
+ Replaces processed cookie cravings
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's Instagram - NO FILTER!
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author