Total time: 15 minutes (6-8 hours in dehydrator)
Makes: 12 balls
2 cups almond meal (also known as almond flour)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt. Once the mixture is well blended, stir in cacao nibs.
2. Taste. If more moisture is needed, add water; add more maple syrup if you would like the dough to be sweeter. The dough should be moist enough to hold together.
3. Roll the dough into 1/2-inch balls.
4. Lay on a sheet and dehydrate at 110 degrees for 6-8 hours and they will still be slightly soft and chewy. Dehydrate longer if you want them crunchy!
+ High in protein
+ Gluten free
+ High in antioxidants
+ Brain food
+ High in magnesium which relaxes the muscles
+ Can be used as a anti-depressant
+ Increases energy
+ Replaces processed cookie cravings
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken by Liana on iPhone.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author