"A great dish for entertaining, and for snacking on the weekends. Enjoy" Liana
Total time: 15 minutes if you use organic BPA free canned chickpeas - or for dry chickpeas soaked overnight and then cooked for 45 minutes.
Serves: 4 - 6
To make the dip:
2 cups chickpeas (soaked overnight)
2 teaspoons of dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 lemon, juice
2 tablespoons tahini (or 2 tablespoons sesame seeds)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup water
Vegetables of your choice, as above is:
3 celery stalks, cut into thirds
2 carrots, chopped
3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup snap peas
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1. Make the dip. Add the chickpeas to a pot of water and boil for 45 minutes, or until chickpeas are soft.
2. Then add all the ingredients; chickpeas, avocado, dill, salt, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, garlic and water, to a powerful blender, like the VITAMIX, and blend until smooth. Add more water if you want it softer.
3. Place the vegetables and dip on great serving dishes and enjoy!
1. You can use canned chickpeas, just buy organic BPA free, and skip the soaking overnight step and the boiling for 45 minutes. Just go ahead and add all ingredients to a blender.
+ Plant based
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
+ High in magnesium
+ Good brain food
+ High in Vitamin A and C
+ Immune Boosting
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana and inspired by Liana's client Jean Weiss.
Photo taken on Instagram - Liana's iPhone
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author