"This salad is so refreshing and also fulfilling with the quinoa grains." Liana
Total time: 25 minutes
2 cups quinoa
1 head of lettuce
1/2 tablespoon or more olive oil, to drizzle at the end
Juice of one lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the quinoa. Add the quinoa and 5 cups of water to a pot. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. The water will evaporate (like cooking rice).
2. While the quinoa is cooking, dice the lettuce into thin strips, chop the avocado and cucumber into small cubes and then toss in a bowl.
3. When the quinoa is done cooking, add it to the salad bowl and toss together.
4. Drizzle with olive oil, and lemon juice. Serve into bowls, garnish with salt and pepper, and eat!
+ Plant based/vegan
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
+ Good brain food
+ Immune Boosting
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana
Photo taken on Instagram - Liana's iPhone
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author