"This is a brand new recipe I created at the end of March! It can be challenging to title a recipe that I get so excited about, and that deserves so much description. First of all it is raw, no cooking required and can be made in less then 10 minutes! It is gluten free and made with superfood ingredients that provide the body with so much nourishment and nutrition! Ultimately you mix the ingredients together and what we get is a silky (thanks to the cacao butter combination with cashews and maca), lush oh so lush, decadent cookie dough! It is lovely and moist! I thought what a great way to start April! Super high in antioxidants! Enjoy it!" Liana
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes 12 cookies, or one large batch of cookie dough
3 cups cashew flour (ground cashews)
3 tablespoons cacao butter (melted)
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 teaspoon honey (or maple syrup)
3/4 teaspoon maca
3 teaspoon hemp seeds
3 tablespoon cacao nibs
1. Melt the cacao butter either in the sunshine, or over very low heat.
2.The next step is to essentially mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Try this method as it will accentuate the smoothness. First mix the cashew flour and cacao butter together. Then add the salt and vanilla. Next add the honey. Mix and then add the maca and hemp seeds. Lastly add the cacao nibs!
3. Now it is ready to eat! You can eat it as a chunk! Or form 12 cookies, or even roll the dough into balls.
1. You can experiment and bake these in the oven, or even dehydrate them!
2. If you are making it just for you, for one person cut the recipe in half, or even a third and make it!
+ Gluten free
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in antioxidants
+ Vegan - Plant Based
+ Good for digestive health
+ Provides the body with nutrition
+ Can treat depression, stress and anxiety
+ Eat when you are craving processed cookies!
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Recipe credit: created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo taken on Liana's iPhone for Instagram.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author