"This is a great dish for children, it is fun to make and looks exciting on the plate!" Liana
You will need a spiralizer to make sweet potato into spaghetti strips. You can get this from your local health food store or Amazon.
Total time: 20 minutes
Makes: 1-4 depending if it is a main meal or side dish
1 tablespoon extra virgin coconut oil
1 large sweet potato
1 tablespoon dried basil (this is to bring out sweetness, you can make it without.)
1. Place the sweet potato on the spiralizer and turn it into spaghetti shapes.
2. Heat a fry pan with coconut oil and when hot place in the sweet potato fries.
3. Cook for 10 minutes and flip sometimes.
4. Add the basil and fry for another 5 minutes or until the fries are cooked to your liking.
+ Plant based
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
+ High in magnesium
+ Good brain food
+ Sweet potatoes are high in Vitamin A and C
+ Immune Boosting
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Jean Weiss, a client that Liana is mentoring.
Photo taken on Instagram - Liana's iPhone
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
This month's recipes contributed by Earth Diet Founder & Author