Total time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 2-3 (more if used as a side dish)
1 cup brown rice
1 cup lima beans(or preferred bean)
*Soak for a few hours (overnight if possible) or use BPA free canned beans
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
Himalayan or Sea Salt to your liking
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Sprinkle of Black Pepper (optional)
1 tablespoon garlic powder (optional)
4 Cups Water (or more)
1. Place rice and beans in a pot with 4 cups of water and a sprinkle of salt.
*If using canned beans add them after rice is cooked.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cover.
3. Wait until water is absorbed and test a bean, if the beans need more time add water and repeat process.
4. When rice and beans thoroughly cooked add all other ingredients and stir!
Notes: Sprinkle lemon juice on top and serve with sliced avocado. Add extra nutritional yeast on top!
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Salvatore Fiteni.
Photo taken from Sal's phone.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Every recipe naturally provided by earth!