Total Time: 1 hour
2 medium onions
3 large garlic
1 large tomato
2 green onion sticks
1 jalapeno pepper (optional)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of curry powder
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 teaspoon of turmeric
2 teaspoons of tomato paste
1 medium potato
1 can of organic coconut milk (or fresh coconut if possible!)
2 tablespoons of salt (add more or less if you desire)
2 tablespoons of SHAN Kat a Kat spice (or curry spice)
1. In a chopper of food processor put the 2 onions and garlic
2. In a large pot add the olive oil on medium low heat
3. Add the onion mixture and stir vigorously for 6 minutes
4. In a chopper or food processor put the tomato, green onion and jalapeno pepper5. Add the chicken and cover stirring occasionally.
6. Add all the spices, yogurt, tomato paste, potatoes, coconut milk and carrots.
7. Stir all the ingredients well and cover on low heat for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
8. Ready to stir!
Recipe by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.