Total time: 80 minutes
1 lbs of grass fed beef cut in 1 inch cubes
2 small onion
4 large cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of Olive oil
¼ cup of cilantro finely chopped.
2 medium potatoes diced into small cubes
2 teaspoons of salt
1 teaspoon of dry red pepper
2 tablespoons of curry
1 tablespoon of ketchup
1 teaspoon of cumin
1. In a large pot add all the beef with about 5 glass of luke warm water.
2. Boil the meat and add the chopped 1 chopped onion, curry, salt and pepper.
3. Let it boil for about 40 minutes. This allows the flavours to enter the meat well. It also allows the meat to be tender.
4. Put the other onions and garlic in an electric chopper. Chop until it is very small.
5. In a pot add 3 tablespoon of olive oil.
6. When it is hot add the mixture from the electric topper.
7. Sautee the onions and garlic for about 3 minutes of medium heat or until light gold.
8. Remove the meat from the boiling water and add to the onions and garlic.
9. Get a sef and filter out the remaining fluid from the meat.
10. Leave it on medium high for about 10 minutes.
11. Don’t allow the water to be too little in amount if you need to add a little water then do so.
12. Add the finely chopped cilantro.
13. Peel and dice the potatoes into small cubes.
14. Add to the pot.
15. Reduce the heat to low medium and cover with lid.
16. Allow it to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Or until the potatoes are ready and the stew is thick to your liking.
*Serve hot with boiled rice or naan bread.
Recipe and photo by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.