Total Time: 5 hours
One whole chicken cut into 9 pieces
1 medium onion
4 cloves of garlic.
1 cup of finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup of finely chopped parsley
1 small green bell pepper
1 tablespoon of ketchup
2 tablespoons of salt
1 tablespoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of curry
3 tablespoons of Shawarma seasoning
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1. In a large baking pan put your chicken, vegetables and spices.
2. Add the ketchup and olive oil.
3. Massage everything every well.
4. Frigate it for 3 hours (or overnight).
5. Put into the oven at 350C for 1.5 hour or until all the liquid is gone and the chicken is very tender.
Serve with rice or vegetables. Yummy!!
Recipe by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.