Total time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
1 Tbsp yeast
¼ cup water
4 cups of flour
1/2 cup coconut sugar
½ cup water
¼ cup oil
Cardamom seeds (Optional)
1. In a mug add the yeast, water and sugar. Stir well and cover well you get the other ingredients together.
2. Add all the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add the yeast mixture.
3. Knead with hands or electrical machine for about 10 minutes.
4. Dough should be soft and well kneaded.
5. Allow it to rise for about 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 C
7. When it has rised cut the dough into 10 or 12 small round balls.
8. Roll out each ball into a long rope shape.
9. Make it into a spiral shape.
10. Put them in a greased pan and place them side by side.
11. Beat an egg yolk and spread it on the top of each bun.
12. Bake it for 20-25 minutes or until the top in golden brown.
Serve warm with tea, coffee or almond milk.
Recipe and photo by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.