Total Time: 20 minutes
Ingredients for the salad:
¼ of a medium tomato
¼ of a medium green pepper
¼ of a medium red pepper
2 tablespoons of finely chopped green onions
1 teaspoon of cilantro/parsley
1/3 cup of finely chopped Romaine Lettuce
1/3 cup of finely chopped cucumber
1/3 cup of Whole wheat Bulgur (use brown rice or quinoa for gluten-free)
2 cups of cold water
Ingredients for the salad dressing:
1. 1 large lemon
2. 1 clove of garlic
3. 2 tablespoons of olive oil
4. 2 teaspoons of salt
5. 1 teaspoon of black pepper powder
1. Thoroughly wash the bulgur and pour the water and bring to a boil. Cover and let it cook until it is soft.
2. Finely chop all the vegetables and put into a bowl.
3. When the bulgur is ready wash it and drain the excess water using a sif.
4. Add the dried bulgur over the vegetables.
5. In a separate small bowl juice the lemon and mince the garlic.
6. Put the olive oil, salt and black pepper.
7. Stir well.
8. Place over the salad and stir well.
9. Add more salt if you like.
10. Ready to serve!
- Vegan and mostly raw
- Loaded with protein
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Herbs packed with vitamin C and other vital nutrients
Recipe and photo by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.