Total time: 20 minutes
1 cup of canned chick peas.
1/2 a small onion finely chopped (optional)
1 clove of minced garlic
½ a field tomato finely chopped
½ a small green bell pepper
¼ of a carrot finely chopped
1/3 cup of finely chopped cucumber
2 tablespoons of finely chopped green onion
1 large lemon
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of black pepper
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Add the chickpeas, onion, garlic, tomato, green pepper, carrot, cucumber and green onion in a medium sized bowl.
2. Squeeze the lemon over the vegetables, add the salt, black pepper and olive oil. Ready to serve!
Benefits of Chickpeas:
- Loaded with soluble and insoluble fiber
- Great for digestion and relieves constipation
- High in protein
- Great for the heart
- High in iron
- Helps with weight loss and very filling
Recipe and photo by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.