Total time: 25 minutes
300 grams of organic chicken breast (boneless and skinless)
½ of a medium green bell pepper cut into thin long slices
½ of a medium red bell pepper cut into thin long slices
½ of a medium yellow bell pepper cut into thin long slices
1 medium onion cut into think long slices
3 cloves of garlic minced
¼ cup of finely chopped parsley or cilantro (optional)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of Shawarma Spice
1 tablespoons of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of curry
1 teaspoon ofketchup
1 teaspoon of mustard
2 large pita bread
1 large tomatoes
4 leaves of Romaine Lettuce
Organic corn (optional)
1. On medium heat on a non-stick pan put olive oil and chicken breast cut into long thick slices.
2. Stir vigorously for 5 minutes or until the chicken is white on all sides.
3. Add the onions and all the bell peppers, garlic, onions and cilantro/parsley.
4. Stir for 3 minutes of medium high heat.
5. Add the spices and stir for about 5 minutes or until ingredients are well combined.
6. Preheat the oven at 400 C
7. Place both pita breads and allow to warm up for 3 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and place flatly on a cutting board.
9. On one side of the bread place the chicken mixture along with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles and desired hot sauce.
10. Carefully roll and wrap with aluminum paper.
11. Serve hot.
Recipe and photo by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.