Total Time: 25 minutes
1 cup of sushi rice
1 ½ cup of cold water
2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
1 teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of rice vinegar
3 tablespoons of pink ginger (optional)
1 can of organic tuna
½ a small onion cut into very small pieces
2 tablespoons of cilantro cut into very small pieces
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 small field cucumber
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 teaspoon of desired hot sauce
3 Nori Sushi Sheets
1. Boil the rice in 1 ½ cups of cold water for 12 minutes on medium high heat.
2. In a mug mix the sushi vinegar, salt and sugar and put into the rice.
3. Mix well.
4. When the rice is fully cooked place on a plate.
5. Allow to cool fully for about 15 minutes.
6. Center one Nori sheet on a counting board.
7. Wet your hands.
8. Using your hands, spread a thin layer of rice on the Nori sheet, and press into a thin layer.
9. Arrange 1/4 of the cucumber, ginger, tuna, onions, cilantro and all the sauces in a line down the edge of the Nori sheet (on top of the rice).
10. Lift the end of the Nori sheet, and gently roll it over the ingredients, pressing gently.
11. Roll it forward to make a complete roll.
12. Repeat with remaining Nori sheet and other ingredients.
13. Cut into 3 centimeters slices.
14. Serve or refrigerate.
Recipe by Samiha Umar, founder of Health Muslim Moms.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founded by Samiha, Healthy Muslim Moms is a non-profit organization dedicated to moms with a passion for living a healthier lifestyle. Her mission is to educate and improve the health and lifestyle habits of Muslim moms. Healthy Muslim Moms also provides guidance on holistic fitness (physical, mental, and emotional). Hence, you can continue to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle without any regrets. More info here.