Total time: 1 hour
3 cups dry butter beans soaked overnight (you can also use canned butter beans, if you do the cooking time will be 10-15 minutes rather than 45 minutes)
10 cups water
1 head kale, torn into smaller pieces
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Add the butter beans to a large pot of water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the kale, garlic, cumin, turmeric, pepper and salt.
3. Cook uncovered for 45 minutes or until the butter beans are soft and lush.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
+ Gluten free
+ Dairy free
+ High in protein
+ High in antioxidants
+ Immune Boosting
+ High nutritional value
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos - raw and unedited.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Recipes using earth's