These are quick to make, use simple ingredients and you can store them in your fridge for up to 14 days and in the freezer for 3 months! They are delicious and can replace your favorite cooke dough flavor - but without the gluten, sugar and dairy! They are also raw and uncooked. A great recipe for children to make. The salt in this recipe gives the illusion that the cookie dough is 'cooked', it's a really important component in this recipe. Add more nibs if you want more 'chocolate chips'. Love Liana
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 - 15 balls
2 cups of almond meal (blended almond)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
2 tablespoons cacao powder
1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients together (using your hands or spoon) except for the cacao nibs, until well combined.
2. Then add the cacao nibs and mix until they are well incorporated through.
3. Roll the mixture into cookie dough balls.
4. Roll in cacao powder until the outside is covered. Eat and enjoy!
1. The finer your almond meal, the softer your cookie dough balls will be. If you have chunks in your nut meal the balls will have a crunch.
2. You can also make these without rolling them in cacao powder, if you want a less bitter taste on the outside.
+ Refined sugar free
+ Gluten free
+ Dairy free
+ High in protein
+ Increases energy
+ High in Anti-oxidants
+ Can aid weight loss
+ High in magnesium
+ Good brain and workout food
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray. Photo take on Instagram - Liana's iPhone in California December 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Recipes using earth's