Total making time: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 cup of "Sour Cream"
1 cup of hemp seeds
(or raw cashews - not salted or roasted! If you use cashews soak them for at least 4 hours)
(if you cannot get hemp seeds and are allergic to nuts, use sunflower seeds, soak them for 8 hours)
1/4 teaspoon himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
the juice of one small lemon
1/2 teaspoon of dill
ADD 1 teaspoon of water if it needs more liquid for a smooth 'sour cream' consistency
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor like a VITAMIX and blend for 3 minutes or until completely smooth and creamy!
+ Use this sour cream in any recipe that calls for sour cream!
+ Refrigerate in an airtight container or jar for up to a week.
This recipe is DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, SOY FREE, alkaline, good for people with LACTOSE INTOLERANCE! Provides the body with nutrients. Is VEGAN.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray in New York 2013.
This site is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
TED style Buffalo Wings!
Total making time: 1 hour and 10 minutes.
24 Organic and Free Range Chicken Wings
1 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey (or maple syrup)
For Hot Sauce:
10 large red peppers (capsicum)
2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tablespoons of lime/lemon juice
8 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon of ginger
2 tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper
1 teaspoon of Himalayan Salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 F.
2. Make the hot sauce: Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers. Place all Hot Sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend. Pour into a pot and bring to the boil on high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until sauce thickens.
3. Oil an oven dish with coconut oil. Place the chicken wings in. Add half the hot sauce.
4. Cook for 35 minutes and then make more sauce to add...
5. In a bowl mix the rest of the Hot Sauce with 1/2 cup of honey and 3/4 cup of nutritional yeast. Add this sauce to the chicken wings. Sprinkle 1/4 cup nutritional yeast on top and then cook for another 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Serve with quinoa!
The Earth Diet
Every ingredient used is naturally provided by earth.