A refreshing smoothie that is great for accelerating weight loss and good for treating digestion issues like constipation, IBS or gluten intolerance.
Total time: 5 minutes
1 1/2 cup raspberries
1 inch chunk of beet (beetroot)
3/4 cup water (or almond milk)
1. Add dates, honey or maple syrup to make it sweeter
2. Add more liquid if you want it thinner, and add more raspberries to make it thicker
3. Freeze the raspberries for a cooler smoothie (although you will lose some nutritional value)
4. Add ice to the smoothie if you want it cooler
1. Add all ingredients to a high speed blender like the Vitamix and mix for a couple of minutes until smooth! Drink!
+ 3 simple and whole ingredients
+ Made under 15minutes
+ Vegan / Plant Based
+ Gluten Free
+ Provides the body with nutrition
+ High in antioxidants
+ Can treat depression, anxiety and stress
+ Brain food
+ Beet lifts compacted waste from the bowel wall
+ Can help the digestive system to heal, including constipation, IBS and celiacs
+ Accelerates weight loss
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Recipe credit: By Liana Werner-Gray
Message from the photographer: "And here's the most important part: before you take your first sip, enjoy the outrageous colour and delight in the wonderful berry fragrance. Then, drink slowly and revel in being able to get a taste of summer any time of the year."
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Author of The Earth Diet Book.