Roxxe's Morning Mover!
-1 cup of strawberries
-2 peeled kiwi fruits
Juice 1 orange and 1 apple in a juice machine. Then pour it into a blender/food processor along with 1 cup of strawberries, 1 banana and 2 peeled kiwi fruits! YUM! :)
This recipe was created by Roxana Ireland
Benefits: Weight loss, lubricates lungs, Strengthens Immune System
1. Peel the oranges and grapefruit. (The more skin you leave on the grapefruit, the more powerful it is in blasting fat cells)
2. Juice your fruit in either a hand citrus juicer or electronic juicer.
Troppo Treat Smoothie
1 large Mango
1/2 cup of Lychees
1/2 Lime (Juiced)
1 Kiwi Fruit
Cut the skin off all ingredients & squeeze the juice from the Lime. Add altogether in a blender and blend until smooth!
You can add ice if you would like your smoothie served chilled.
Tangy Lime Smoothie
Benefits: Assists in digestion, lowers blood pressure & prevents wrinkles.
-juice of one lime
-juice of half a lemon
-2 green apples
-handful of fresh mint
Juice your lime and lemon and add with all ingredients and ice into blender. Blend until smooth. Garnish with fresh mint!
Mango Avocado Salad
2 ripe Mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 Large Avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
1 lime – squeeze the juice from it
1 tangerine – squeeze the juice from it
2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Cilantro Leaves
1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds.
This recipe created by G Living!
Melon Fruit Cup
-1 small honeydew melon
-1/2 dragon fruit (with white flesh)
-1 kiwi fruit
-1 small papaya
-3 tbsp papaya juice squeezed from your papaya
-1 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
-1 tsp lime juice from a fresh lime
-If the fruit isn’t sweet enough for you drizzle agave syrup or honey
1. Cut the melon in half lengthways. Remove the seeds and pulp, & discard.
2. Carefully, cut away the flesh, trying to avoid the bitter edge close to the rind. Cube the melon flesh & place in a mixing bowl.
3. Peel the dragon fruit and cut into cubes the same size as the melon and add to the mixing bowl.
4. Peel and cube the papaya and the kiwi fruit, add them to the mixing bowl with the rest of the fruit.
5. Mix the finely chopped mint with the fruit juices and then pour the the mixture over the cubed fruits & mix well, being careful not to break any of the cubes.
6. Share the fruit salad between the two melon boats. Drizzle with honey or agave if necessary & decorate with a sprig of mint. Refresh!
This recipe inspired by Day Recipe!
Aunts Smoothie Pops
Makes 12 Popsicles
-1 large banana or 2 lady finger bananas
-1/2 cup of raspberries (or 1 cup of strawberries)
-the juice of 3 apples
-the juice of 1/2 pineapple
-the juice of 2 oranges
1. Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into popsicle holder container or ice cub trays.
4. Drink the leftovers-YUM!
2 Lady Finger Bananas (or 1 large banana)
20-30mls fresh apple juice
1-2 teaspoons raw honey or agave nectar
1 tablespoon LSP (Linseed, Sunflower and Psyllium husk fibre mix)
A handful of dried fruit and nuts of your preference ( I like chopped walnuts, pepitas, sunflower seeds and raisins)
1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
1. Mash bananas and whisk in apple juice with a fork.
2. Add in LSP and mix.
3. Add honey, dried fruit and nuts and mix again.
4. Add raspberries, sprinkle some nuts and enjoy!
This recipe was created by the beautiful Jiveny Blair-West!
Blueberry Kiwi Buckwheat Pancakes with Raspberry Sauce
-1/2 cup cashews
-1/2 cup oats
-1 cup of buckwheat
-2 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
-Honey or agave syrup if desired
-1 orange juiced and the peel grated
1. In a blender mix the cashew nuts and oats to a flour consistency.
2. Add this mixture to the buckwheat flour and mix together.
3. Add ½ cup of water to start. Add more water if required to make a smooth wet consistency. Leave this pancake batter sit while you make the topping.
4. Place raspberries, orange zest and juice in a food processor and process until smooth. Add a little agave or honey if extra sweetness desired. This is your raspberry sauce, now let it sit while you make the pancakes.
5. Mix the kiwi fruit and blueberries.
6. In a fry pan heat olive oil or macadamia oil. Pour the pancake batter in the pan and flip when bubbles appear on one side. Use all your batter to cook lots of pancakes!
6. Lay one pancake on a plate, spoon half the fruit mixture over half, then fold the other half over. Pour the raspberry sauce over the pancakes.
7. Repeat the process with a second pancake. Transfer to a serving plate and pour over a little agave syrup or honey if desired extra sweetness!
This recipe inspired by Morrisons!
This recipe was created by Ashleigh Bevin who took on The Earth Diet challenge in March 2010!
-Honey or Agave
-Spelt Wholemeal flour or Buckwheat Flour
1. Peel & core apples.
2. Boil until soft.
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Add all other ingredients together and add water to wet ingredients slightly. Used fingers to make crumbley.
5. Put apples in baking dish and sprinkle crumble on top.
6. Cook until light brown and crunchy on top mmm mmm!
1 cup pitted prunes
1/3 cup boiling water
Process prunes in a food processor, gradually adding water until a smooth paste.
Mixture will keep for up to 2 months in fridge.
Good for: Use it like chutney on chicken. It goes well with celery sticks. Fill the groove in celery and sprinkle on crushed walnuts.