Makes one large batch of fries!
Total making time average: 30 minutes
2 large sweet potatoes cut into fries
coconut oil for cooking
one bunch of fresh basil
one cup of dried shredded coconut
OR shred your own coconut from a fresh one!
+ ADD 1 tablespoon of himalayan salt at
the end for sweet and salty!
+ ADD 2 tablespoons of curry powder at the end for curried fries!
1. Heat 1/4 cup coconut oil in a fry pan.
2. Add fries, each one should be covered well in oil
3. Let the fries cook and when they are golden brown gradually add coconut and basil !
This recipe created by Liana Werner-Gray.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
2 cups quinoa
4 cups water
1 bunch of organic Spinach
1 Bag organic frozen green Peas (or fresh if you have access to them!)
1 large organic Red Onion chopped
6 organic Garlic Cloves chopped
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 tbl Garlic Powder
1 tbl Curry Powder
1 tbl Turmeric Powder
1 handful of fresh coriander/cilantro
1. Add Coconut Oil to sauce pan at medium heat.
2. When oil is heated and moving freely on pan, add chopped red onion and garlic.
3. When onion and garlic is slightly browned add peas and spinach and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
4. Once the peas and spinach are mostly cooked, add 4 cups of water, turn burner up high and cover with a lid.
5. Once water is boiling, add 2 cups of Quinoa, stir it in, set heat to low and cover again.
Now while the Quinoa is cooking make the CASHEW/HEMP SEED CHEESE
2 cups of cashews soaked for 6 hours
1 cup of hemp seeds
Juice of 1 lemon
½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
2 clove of garlic
3/4 cup of water (more for softer cheese)
3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast for extra cheesy flavor
In a food processor blend all ingredients together until a smooth consistency!
Now add curry, garlic powder, Himalayan salt, turmeric, and cayenne pepper to quinoa and stir in. When all water is dissolved turn off heat and allow to sit for a few minutes. Now add cashew cheese, stir all together and enjoy! GARNISH with fresh CILANTRO!
*Use romaine leaves for taco shells or collard greens for a wrap!
*Add more cayenne pepper if you like it spicy!
This recipe was designed by Earth Diet Health Mentor, Salvatore Fiteni.
The Earth Diet
Every ingredient used is naturally provided by earth.