Originally from Earth Diet mentor Salvatore Fiteni's blog about coffee!
Serves: 2 (12 oz. each)
24 ounces of boiled water
2 tablespoons roasted chicory root
1 tablespoon roasted almonds (crushed into a meal)
2 teaspoons dandelion root
¼ teaspoon raw cacao powder
1. If necessary, set oven to 350 and roast almonds for about 15 minutes or until a darker brown. When toasty, crush almonds into a meal. I used a mortar & pestle, but a food processor works too.
2. Add all ingredients to a coffee or tea press.
3. Add boiled water to press and let it steep for 5-10 minutes.
4. Press and drink as you would your favorite cup of coffee!
Considering kicking your coffee habit?
This recipe was featured in Earth Diet online designer, Salvatore Fiteni's blog about spirulina.
Makes: 6 Brownies
Time: 15 minutes prep, 1 hour in freezer
1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup walnuts
¼ cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
2 teaspoons (or more) spirulina powder
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
+ Protein packed
+ Excellent brain food
+ Provides energy
+ Good for skin, eyes, and hair
+ Promotes weight loss
+ Nutrient dense
+ Helps cleanse heavy metals such as lead & mercury
+ Spirulina is a source of vitamin b12, usually only found in animal products
+ Rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, fatty acids, and trace minerals
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Earth Diet online designer Salvatore Fiteni.
Photo taken by Salvatore with his android phone.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
This month's recipes are by Liana Werner-Gray, Founder and CEO of The Earth Diet.