Total time: 15 minutes and refrigeration overnight
Serves: 1 jar, 8 heaping tablespoons
2 cups of cranberries , diced
1 cup water
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
1 orange, chopped into small bite size pieces
1. Place all ingredients except for the orange, into a pot and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir constantly so the chia seeds do not burn on the bottom of the pot.
3. When the mixture has reduced by half and has thickened, add the orange pieces and stir. Allow to cool and then place in a glass jar and cool completely before placing in the fridge. It is ready to eat, but you can also refrigerate overnight and the jam will be ready to use the next day.
This jam goes great on bread rolls, with Roast Chicken or turkey, with crackers, and with Chocolate Cake!
1. Use mulberries for Mulberry Seed Jam.
2. Use blueberries for Blueberry Chia Seed Jam.
3. Use blackberries for Blackberry Chia Seed Jam.
4. Use raspberries for Raspberry Chia Seed Jam.
5. Use ¼ cup each strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries for Mixed Berry Chia Seed Jam.
+ Replacement for jam that has white sugar
+ refined sugar free!
+ Aids digestion
+ Aids weight loss
+ Aids weight loss
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray, the orange addition was inspired by Ginger and Jody Loin.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Earth Diet online designer Salvatore Fiteni created this recipe when he was sick recently and wrote about how he got better on his blog post, How To Quick Kick a Cold.
Total making time: 10 minutes
2 peeled oranges
1 thumb of ginger
1/2 cup of water
1. Blend and enjoy!
+ Immune Boosting
+ Congestion relief
+ Loaded with vitamin C
+ Great for getting over the common cold and flu
+ Rich in potassium
+ Heart healthy
+ Relieves Constipation
+ Skin health
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Earth Diet online designer Salvatore Fiteni, on his blog.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
This month's recipes are by Liana Werner-Gray, Founder and CEO of The Earth Diet.