This soup is comforting and grounding, as the vegetables used are root vegetables and grown underground that can help relieve depression, anger and anxiety as well as boosting the immune system. It is also simple to make, you literally just throw all the ingredients in a pot together and boil!
Total making time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 people
16 cups of water
1 inch piece of ginger, diced
1 large parsnip, chopped into cubes
1 large sweet potato, chopped into bite size pieces
1 large yam, chopped into bite size pieces
2 carrots, chopped
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin, dried
12 teaspoon turmeric, powder
1/2 teaspoon sage, dried
1/2 teaspoons thyme, dried
Dash of cayenne pepper
1. In a pot add all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium/low. Stir and cook for 20 minutes.
2. Garnish the soup with fresh herbs and or spices. Season to taste.
1. If you want a smooth soup, blend all the ingredients in a VITAMIX or high speed blender and then add to pot and cook for 20 minutes.
+ This soup is extremely grounding as a lot of the vegetables in this grow underground, and can help relieve depression, anger and anxiety
+ Super high in Vitamins, Minerals and Nutrients
+ High in anti-oxidants
+ Accelerates weight loss
+ High in protein
+ Gluten Free
+ Cleanses heavy metals and toxins from cells
+ Immune boosting
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray and inspired by Roxxe.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Total time: 20 minutes
1⁄2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into the shape of French fries
1/2 cup dried basil
1/2 cup dried parsley
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
2. When pan is sizzling add the sweet potato fries, stirring until each is coated with oil.
3. Let cook, flipping periodically, until they are golden brown (after 3–5 minutes).
4. After the fries have browned, gradually add basil, parsley and shredded coconut. Continue cooking until desired crunchiness (or softness) is achieved.
1. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over cooked fries.
Calories: 484 | Total Fat: 45g Carbohydrate: 22g | Dietary Fiber: 5g Protein: 3g
+ Coconut: Great for healthy skin and hair, brain food.
+ Sweet Potatoes: High in Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C, Immune Boosting, high in iron and magnesium, can help alleviate depression, anger and anxiety.
+ Basil: High in Vitamin A and K, Anti-inflammatory, Accelerates Weight Loss
+ Parsley: Anti-inflammatory, Accelerates Weight Loss, Brain food, cleanses heavy metals from body.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos- Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
This month's recipes are by Liana Werner-Gray, Founder and CEO of The Earth Diet.