Total making time: 25 minutes
Serves: 3 people
2 cups brown rice pasta (dry)
4 cups water1 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
1 tablespoons almond milk
1 teaspoon of thyme
1 teaspoon salt
1. In a pot add the brown rice pasta and water. Bring to the boil. Then stir and reduce heat to medium/low. Keep stirring until cooked and pasta is soft. (approx 10-20 mins) The pasta will soak up the water enough so it leaves a creamy consistency in the pot. The idea is to reduce the water so no draining at the end is needed. This is the creamy base.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a small fry pan with oil and stir fry the onion for 5 minutes until cooked. Add the peas and stir fry for a minute until soft. Set aside.
3. When the pasta is cooked and you are left with a creamy consistency in the pot, add the nutritional yeast, almond milk, thyme and salt and stir until well combined.
4. Add the onions and peas to the pasta and stir.
5. Serve and sprinkle each bowl with nutritional yeast! Enjoy!
+ Dairy Free
+ Soy Free
+ Lactose Free
+ Gluten Free
+ High in Protein
+ High in B Vitamins
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos.
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
This month's recipes are by Liana Werner-Gray, Founder and CEO of The Earth Diet.