Total time: 20 minutes
1⁄2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into the shape of French fries
1/2 cup dried basil
1/2 cup dried parsley
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
2. When pan is sizzling add the sweet potato fries, stirring until each is coated with oil.
3. Let cook, flipping periodically, until they are golden brown (after 3–5 minutes).
4. After the fries have browned, gradually add basil, parsley and shredded coconut. Continue cooking until desired crunchiness (or softness) is achieved.
1. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over cooked fries.
Calories: 484 | Total Fat: 45g Carbohydrate: 22g | Dietary Fiber: 5g Protein: 3g
+ Coconut: Great for healthy skin and hair, brain food.
+ Sweet Potatoes: High in Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C, Immune Boosting, high in iron and magnesium, can help alleviate depression, anger and anxiety.
+ Basil: High in Vitamin A and K, Anti-inflammatory, Accelerates Weight Loss
+ Parsley: Anti-inflammatory, Accelerates Weight Loss, Brain food, cleanses heavy metals from body.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock’n Raw Photos- Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
This month's recipes are by Liana Werner-Gray, Founder and CEO of The Earth Diet.