"Admittedly, at first glance this recipe seems more like something you'd have in the fall, however, it was a brisk April morning and I was craving oatmeal. I had some dried apricots on hand and the nutmeg complimented their flavor amazingly. I love how they melted into the mixture and the honey added that extra bit of goodness to satisfy my sweet tooth. Since it's local, the honey helped to keep spring allergies at bay. In retrospect, I would have this recipe any time of the year, although a cool breezy morning would be preferred!" -Salvatore Fiteni
Total Time: 15 minutes
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup water
8 sliced dried apricots
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
pinch of salt
1. Set the water to boil with a bit of salt
2. Add oats to boiling water, cover, and lower heat
3. Once the water is almost about half way absorbed add the apricots and cover again
4. Once water is nearly fully absorbed turn off heat
5. The apricots should be almost melted into the mixture with some chunks, add nutmeg and stir it in
6. Serve in bowls with some uncooked apricots on top & nutmeg sprinkled on top
Tip: If you have a gluten sensitivity, gluten free oats are available.
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.