Total Time: 30
Serves: 2 or more as a side
1 red cabbage cut into small pieces
4 garlic cloves minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
salt and black pepper
coconut oil for cooking
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup water
1. Heat oil in a pot and cook garlic until brown
2. Add cabbage and let it fry for a few minutes until braised
3. Add 1/4 cup of water and cover for a couple of minutes until water is evaporated
4. Add in basil, acv and stir it in
5. Salt and pepper to your liking and enjoy
Benefits of Cabbage:
- Great for weight loss and low calorie
- Brain food
- Helps ease hangovers
- Aids digestion
- Helps with IBS and leaky gut syndrome
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.