"This recipe was sort of my take on The Earth Diet's Quick Mac n' Cheese recipe. It can be made with any grain, pasta, or veggie. There's something about the combination of nutritional yeast, thyme, and my personal addition vinegar, that gives the delicious illusion of 'cheesy' flavor. I made a recipe with steamed beets and wanted a simple side recipe to compliment the flavor." -Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Mentor
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 2 (as a side)
1/2 cup red quinoa (or any other grain or pasta you prefer)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon brown rice vinegar
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 cup of water
1. Boil water in a small pot with a pinch of salt
2. Add quinoa once boiled, lower heat and cover
3. In approximately 15 minutes, the water will dissolve
4. Add other ingredients and stir
5. Add salt to your preferred liking
6. Sprinkle extra nutritional yeast on top for extra flavor
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.