Total Time: 30
Serves: 4 or 5
1 cup of brown rice
5 oz package of sugar snap peas
5 oz package of shiitake mushrooms
1 cup of frozen peas
2/3 cup soaked and cooked black beans (measured before soaking)
coconut oil for cooking
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Salt & black pepper
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1. Set rice to cook and heat oil in a different pot and add all vegetables
2. Cook all vegetables thoroughly and when rice is cooked combine in a large pot
3. Add in all other ingredients and stir thoroughly (you may want to add some water to the mix if it seems dry)
4. Salt and black pepper to your liking and enjoy
- Nutrient dense
- Hearty and filling
- Packed with protein
- High fiber
- Rich in essential vitamins & minerals
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.