"It has been my pleasure to provide this month's recipes. I sincerely hope you enjoyed what I have contributed. It was my goal to provide delicious recipes that are easy to make and provide amazing nutrition. Savor the summer and eat plenty of local foods! Happy health to you!" -Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Coach
Total Time: 15 minutes
2 boiled eggs (organic and local)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
sprinkle of salt
1. Boil 2 eggs. I do it this way: 2 eggs in a pot with salt and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Bring it to a boil and let it cook for 1 minute. Then turn the heat off and let it sit covered in the hot water for another 12 minutes. After that you can run it under cold water or let it sit in ice water for a few minutes. Crack the egg down the middle around the whole thing and start peeling off. Be sure to get that layer of white that's in between the egg and shell, which will make it much easier to peel off.
2. Add boiled eggs to a bowl and mash them up with a fork and add other ingredients and stir it around.
3. Serve alone or on toast! Great for a light meal or a snack!
Benefits of Eggs:
- Packed with protein
- Loaded with many essential vitamins & minerals including vitamin A, B vitamins, phosphorus, selenium
- Eggs can help raise "good cholesterol"
- One of the best sources of choline
- High in omega-3
- Good for eye health
- Filling and satisfying
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.