Total Time: 30 minutes
12 oz bag of brown rice pasta or quinoa pasta (great gluten-free alternative to white and wheat pasta!)
1 bunch of chopped watercress (should have about 2 cups worth)
1 yellow pepper chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped finely
1/4 cup olive oil (for sauce)
1/4 cup olive oil (for cooking)
Salt to your liking
1. Set pasta on the stove to boil and prepare other ingredients while it's cooking
2. Saute garlic in olive oil until slightly brown then add watercress and pepper, a bit of water and cover while pasta cooks
3. Blend the 2 tomatoes and olive oil in a vitamix (click for discounted blender) or other high-speed blender
4. When pasta is cooked, drain water and add sauce first and then peppers and watercress
5. Let it cook all together for about a minute on low until it is hot again
6. Serve, enjoy, and smile!
Benefits of Watercress:
- Helps with digestion
- Bone health
- Eye health
- Skin health
- Great for hangovers
- Helps activate detoxifying enzymes in the liver
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.