"I like combining a cooked element into a raw meal and vice versa. This recipe has the benefits of having raw kale, cooked cabbage, and a healthy whole grain. One of my favorite lunches. The only thing that could have made it better is some sliced avocado!" -Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Mentor
Total Time: 30
Serves: 2 or more as a side
2 cups of braised red cabbage recipe (exclude the apple cider vinegar, basil, salt & pepper)
1/2 cup cooked brown rice (previously cooked and cooled)
2 cups of torn up kale leaves
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons olive oil
salt & black pepper
1. Start preparing the cabbage and when it gets to the point of covering the lid, put kale and rice in a bowl
2. Once cabbage is tender, add it to bowl with kale and rice and add all other ingredients
3. Salt and pepper to your liking and mix it by hand or with a spoon
Benefits of Cabbage:
- Great for weight loss and low calorie
- Brain food
- Helps ease hangovers
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.