"I love making hard chocolate. I had the idea to use roasted walnuts to make chocolate and it ended up being amazing. Please try this recipe, you will not be disappointed!" -Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Mentor
Total Time: 30 minutes (plus time in freezer)
Serves: 5ish or more, it's a decent sized batch
2 cups roasted walnuts and a handful extra (these will stay whole)
1/2 cup melted cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
6 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Pinch of salt
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F. Add walnuts to a sheet with parchment paper and roast until brown. Should take about 10-15 minutes. Taste test one before you take them out. You'll know when they're ready, they taste amazing and different than raw walnuts.
2. Once walnuts are roasted, put the 2 cups through the food processor until they form a fluffy meal. Leave the other handful on the side as whole walnuts. These will go in the chocolate at the end.
3. After the food processor creates the nut meal, add other ingredients and process until liquid smooth.
4. Set a flat sheet down with parchment paper and pour the chocolate liquid onto the sheet and spread it evenly.
5. Put the extra roasted walnuts on top and put the full sheet in the freezer.
6. Let it sit for at least an hour until chocolate hardens then cut into squares and enjoy!
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.