"It took me a while to acquire the taste for broccoli rabe, but now I love it! The slight bitterness of the green combined with the savory flavor of the garlic, olive oil, and salt create such a delicious flavor." -Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Mentor
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 or more as a side
1 bunch of broccoli rabe aka rapini
4 chopped garlic cloves
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
1. Add pinch of salt and water to a pot and bring to a boil
2. Add broccoli rabe, lower heat, and cover
3. Heat oil in a separate pan and saute' garlic until brown
4. When broccoli rabe is tender, turn heat off, and pour water from pot into pan with garlic and let some of the water dissolve
5. After a minute turn off heat and pour garlic, oil, and water combination back into the broccoli rabe pot
6. Salt to taste and
Benefits of Broccoli Rabe:
- Helps keeps bones strong with vitamin K
- Helps detoxify the liver
- Heart healthy
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.