"For a while I would pretty much strictly juice beets and I was weird about eating them any other way. I always felt I wanted to get the power of beets in the most efficient way possible, so I was respecting its nutritional power, but dismissing the root's natural delicious flavor. I picked up a big juicy one from the Babylon Village Farmers Market, straight from D & J farms on eastern Long Island and steamed up this yummy dish. Enjoy."
-Salvatore, Earth Diet Health Mentor
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 (or more as a small side)
1 beet, peels and cut into circular disks
5 leeks, cleaned and chopped
1 zucchini, cut in half long ways and again into small pieces
1 teaspoon dried basil
Phresh salt (or any other salt) & black pepper
3 tablespoons of coconut oil
1. Sauté the whiter parts of the leeks with oil until brown
2. Add a 1/4 cup of water and other veggies and bring it to a boil
3. Lower heat, cover and let the vegetables steam
4. Once beets are tender, add in basil, and stir
5. Add salt and pepper to your liking, sprinkle some basil on the top
*Serve with Cheesy Quinoa (in photo)
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.