Total Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4-6 burgers
1 onion chopped
1 pepper chopped
4 garlic cloves chopped
1 large carrot shredded
1 cup of brown rice
1 can kidney beans
1 can black beans
2 teaspoons cumin
salt & black pepper to your liking
coconut oil for cooking
1. Set rice to cook then saute garlic, pepper, onion and carrots together until all thoroughly tender and onions should be pretty much caramelized
2. In a food processor add cooked rice and beans and process thoroughly then add sauteed veggies and spices and process those slightly but not as much as rice and beans
3. Add the mixture to a bowl and let it sit in fridge until cool
4. Mold into patties and either fry on stove or oven bake. You can also fry them to brown the outside of the patties and then put them in the oven at 350 for another 15-20 minutes
Recipe and photo by Salvatore Fiteni, Health Mentor for The Earth Diet.
Learn more about Salvatore here.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Hailing from Long Island, NY, Salvatore is a musician, health coach, blogger, and someone on a journey of personal growth who wants to share the tools he picks up along the way with others looking to transform their life for the better.