"Guilt-free snack food. Period. Watch out, they're addictive."
Total Time: 10 minutes active + 1 hour oven + 1 hour waiting
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil for greasing baking sheet
2 15-ounce cans of chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1-2 teaspoons smoked sea salt (or regular sea salt)
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon fenugreek (available at Indian/Ethnic food stores)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Position oven-rack to center of oven
2. Roll chickpeas in between two towel to dry as thoroughly as possible.
3. Grease a baking sheet with oil.
4. Combine salt and spices thoroughly. Toss with chickpeas; drizzle in olive oil until chick peas are evenly coated.
5. Spread chickpeas onto baking sheet. Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 hour. Chickpeas will get crispier as they cool.
+ Aids in weight loss
+ High in protein
+ Vegan / Plant based
+ Brain Food
+ Gluten Free
+ Low-fat and Sugar-free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chef Hannah Gruber.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
These March recipes are created by Chef Hannah Gruber who lives the lifestyle.