"Seriously, if I knew any better I would package this stuff and sell it. I make it with the intention of eating it with flatbread or gluten free crackers, but I usually just eat it with a spoon. Right out of the jar. Thank goodness it is only made with 3, completely natural, unprocessed, ingredients. If you've ever purchased almond or other nut butters in the store, you know how expensive they are too. Well, learn to make your own and save money. Lots of it. I know you'll love this one. If you don't, I'll eat it for you." Hannah Gruber
Total Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 if you're me, 10-20 if you're more modest
1 cup blanched, peeled almonds
1/2-1 cup of hazelnut oil
1/2 -1 cup of liquid raw honey
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place almonds on a sheet pan and roast in the oven until they are dark golden brown, but not burned, about 15-20 minutes.
2. While almonds are still warm, place them in a high-speed blender or food processor. If using a food processor, just turn it on and it will turn the almonds into butter. This takes about 8-10 minutes.
If using a high-speed blender, use the tamper to push almonds down while slowly increasing speed from low to high. Continue tamping almonds until the mixture release its own oils and moves around freely.
3. Once you have almond butter, begin to slowly pour the oil into the blender/processor with the motor still running. I like mine a little bit more liquid-y, so I tend to add more oil.
4. Finally, add the honey as you added the oil. Err on the side of less at first so that it is not over-sweet.
5. The honey and oil bring out the flavor of the almonds. Do be generous with both of these additions as they are integral to the flavor of the butter.
+ Lowers cholesterol
+ High in fiber
+ Good source of copper and iron
+ High in protein
+ High in Vitamin E
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Chef Hannah Gruber.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
These March recipes are created by Chef Hannah Gruber who lives the lifestyle.