Total making time: 15 - 20 minutes
2 cups brown rice pasta (you could also use quinoa or brown rice as an alternative)
4 cups of water
One small brown onion, diced
One garlic clove, diced
2 teaspoons of sage
2 teaspoons of thyme
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
2 celery stalks, diced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
(2 organic free range eggs beaten with a fork - only if you are going to use the stuffing to put in a bird)
1. Bring a pot of 4 cups of water to the boil.
2. Add the brown rice pasta. Allow to bring to the boil again and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 7-11 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and tender soft.
3. While the pasta is cooking heat a fry pan with coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a minute and then add celery. Add the rest of the herbs including the salt. Cook together until it is all tender.
4. In a separate bowl mix the cooked pasta with the onion fry. Mix together until well combined. Now it is ready to eat.
5. If the stuffing is going into a bird, then beat 2 eggs with a fork and mix that into the pasta bowl. Add all of that into the bird. Cook the bird in the oven. Check out TED ROAST CHICKEN RECIPE.
+ Gluten Free
+ Brown Rice: High in Protein, B Vitamins
+ Sage: High in Anti Oxidants, Anti Inflammatory, Effective Treatment for Candida
+ Thyme: Boosts Immune System, Treatment for Acne
+ Garlic: Natural Anti Biotic, good for colon health, relaxes arteries
+ Onion: High in Vitamin C, Rich in Vitamin A
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray 2013.
Photo by Roxxe Photography NYC
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved
The Earth Diet
Every ingredient used is naturally provided by earth.