"The base is pecans and almonds. The center 'ice cream' is made with cashews. The top is fresh blueberries, walnuts and a chocolate swirl. No cooking involved, just blending and setting." Noah, Raw Chocolate Man
You will need a cheesecake pan, or springform pan 9" or 12"
Total time: 3 hours soaking cashews, 25 minutes preparation, 4 hours setting time
Makes: one large pie, 16 slices
For the base:
3 cups pecans
1 cup raw almonds
1/3 cup cacao nibs
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon real salt
For the cashew ice cream:
3 cups cashews soaked for 4 hours
1 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate swirl:
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Chop pecans in Vitamix or other blender on low for 2 minutes. Blend in cacao nibs, maple syrup and salt until mixture becomes saturated - as in moist and smooth. Add the almonds and mix - so the almonds are whole. There is a lot of oils in the pecans so mix on low-medium in the blender so the oils can release, and to preserve the nutrients.
2. Pack down the base mixture in a cheesecake pan, or springform pan. The one in this photo is a 12", it also works well with a 9" pan.
3. Make the cashew ice cream. Mix all ingredients in a powerful blender like the Vitamix for 2-5 minutes, or until completely smooth, it gets to a point where it is so creamy and there is absolutely no chunks. Pour ice cream mix on top of the pecan base and set in the freezer.
4. Make the chocolate swirl. Melt the cacao butter in a small pot on very low heat. Add cacao powder when butter is melted and whip in. Whip in maple syrup until fluffy (1-2 minutes). Now take the pie out of the freezer, and pour the chocolate in the very center of the pie, and swirl outwards to create a spiral.
5. Take fresh blueberries and begin to fill in between the chocolate. Do the same with 1/4 cup walnuts until the top of the pie is covered with the chocolate swirl, blueberries and walnuts.
6. Allow to set in the freezer for 4 hours and then slice and serve!
+ Super high in antioxidants
+ High in protein
+ High in magnesium
+ Plant based / vegan
+ Dairy Free
+ Good for heart and brain health
+ Mood boosting
+ Good fats for the brain, hair and nails
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Raw Chocolate Man, Noah Loin in 2014.
Photo taken by Rock'n Raw Photos - Raw and Unedited - No Filter
Noah's chocolates available to purchase here.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founder of RawChocolateMan.com,