Makes: 20 mounds
Total time: 1 hr for mixing and 1 hr setting time
Cashew Ice cream filler
1 and 1/2 cups of cashews soaked for 24 hrs
1/3 of coconut oil
1/2 cup of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Maple Pecan Butter
2 cups of raw pecans
1/4 of raw cacao nibs
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon of real salt
1/3 cup melted cacao butter
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup coconut sugar
Actions for pecan butter (made 1st)
1. Chop pecans in Vitamix or blender on low for two minutes.
2. Blend in cacao nibs, maple syrup, and salt on low until the mixture becomes saturated. Remove and serve! There is A LOT of oil in raw pecans so make sure to blend long enough to saturate but slowly to preserve the nutrients.
Actions for cashew ice cream
In Vitamix or powerful blender, blend together cashews, maple syrup and coconut oil. Once fairly blended, squeeze one large lemon in and add the vanilla extract and blend on high until creamy.
Actions for chocolate covering
Melt cacao butter on very low in a small pot and add cacao powder and coconut sugar. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
Actions for mounds
1. Make circle shapes with pecan butter on parchment paper wrapped cutting board.
2. Scoop cashew ice cream onto pecan circles.
3. Pour freshly melted chocolate on top of mounds
4. Place entire board into freezer for 1 hr or until fully set.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Raw Chocolate Man, Noah Loin in 2014.
Photo taken by Noah Loin on instagram.
Noah's chocolates available to purchase here.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founder of RawChocolateMan.com,