Total time: 1 hour plus setting time of 15 mins
Makes: 20-25 chocolate strawberry roses
1 pound of strawberries
1/2 cup of cacao powder
1/4 cacao butter
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1 foam block
One pack of skewers or toothpicks
"I went to the store and bought a foam block for a setting block to stick the skewers with strawberries stuck on them. I also wrapped the block in a couple of layers of paper towels to protect the berries.
Carving the strawberries
1. Cut off the green tops
2. Cut triangle wedges at various angles with the idea of a rose. Be patient, it might take a few try's to really get them looking flower-like.
3. Stick the carved strawberry on to a skewer(toothpick) and place carefully into the wrapped foam block.
4. Melt cacao butter in small pot on very low.
5. Add cacao powder when butter is melted and whip in.
6. Whip in maple syrup with a whisker until fluffy (1-2 minutes)
7. Take fluffed chocolate with fork and in a circular motion drape over the top of strawberries while holding the base of skewer. Again, think rose and be patient. Its Meant to be fun.
8. Place block into freezer and allow to set for 15 minutes
- Strawberries are high in Vitamin C and antioxidants. Immune boosting.
- Cacao is high in magnesium, iron and antioxidants. Can be used as antidepressant as it can uplift the mood.
EVERY single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only.
* Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Raw Chocolate Man, Noah Loin in 2014.
Photo taken by Noah Loin on instagram.
Noah's chocolates available to purchase here.
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved
Founder of RawChocolateMan.com,