A great alternative to wheat wraps! Lettuce is much lighter and easier to digest! Crispy too!
Wrap your favorite meat dishes in lettuce with avocado, fresh cilantro and turmeric rice!
1 cup orange juice (4 freshly squeezed oranges)
3 teaspoons of fresh ginger chopped
1 garlic clove chopped
1/8 teaspoon chopped chili
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
5 cups cut-up vegetables, such as broccoli, sliced onion, carrot, sugar snap peas and red bell pepper strips (capsicum)
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of water
1. Mix orange juice, water, ginger, garlic and ground red pepper in small bowl. Reserve 1/2 of the marinade. Place beef in large glass dish. Add remaining marinade; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 17 minutes or longer for extra flavor.
2. Heat oil in large skillet on high heat. Remove beef from marinade. Add beef to skillet; stir fry 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Remove beef from skillet. Add vegetables; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
3. Mix reserved marinade with honey until smooth. Stir into skillet. Stirring constantly, bring to boil on medium heat and boil 1 minute. Return beef to skillet. Cook until heated through.
4. Serve over hot cooked brown rice, if desired. Sprinkle with sesame seed before serving.
To Toast Sesame Seed: Heat small skillet on medium heat. Add sesame seed; cook and stir 2 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant. Immediately pour out of hot pan to avoid over-toasting.
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 pound (500 g) of stewing steak
1 tablespoon of himalayan salt
1 teaspoon of sage
2 tablespoons of rice flour
1. Dice the steak into small pieces including the ‘fat’
2. Dice onion
3. Fry the onion and meat fat only in a frying pan with oil until caramelized and then remove and set aside
4. Add the beef and salt
5. Brown the beef very well
6. Put beef into an oven casserole dish and add onions back in
7. Put the fry pan as it is back on the stove and place 1 ½ cups of water and clean the bottom of the fry pan with a wooden spoon or egg flipper to lift any residue that is in the pan
8. Taste the water, add more salt if it is too sweet for your taste, or more honey if it is too salty (this will become the gravy)
9. Add 2 tablespoons of rice flour and ½ a cup of water and whisk well. It will start to look like a thicker gravy. Remove from heat and stir and stir and stir and then put it back on the heat and keep stirring until it is thickened
10. Add sage to the gravy and then pour into the casserole dish with the beef
11. Place in the oven for 2 hours on low temperature 150 degrees
12. Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans OR TED Fries/wedges!
The Earth Diet
Choose ORGANIC and free range grass fed meat.